Team Leader – River Island
Responsibilities & Behaviours
- Set up team briefs and communicates / cascade the store actions and targets
- Check’s business communication channels and drives actions to achieve priorities
- Effectively delegates accountabilities within the store team
- Communicates and champions current business initiatives
- Clear and concise communication when leading visits in your store when stepping up in management absence.
- Works with the management team to actively look at ways to improve a customer focused culture in store and within the team
- Drives conversion, footfall, and all service KPIs in store
- Frequently adjusts approach to ensure customer needs are met and to improve service
- Creates a safe & secure working environment for self, colleagues, and customers by working with the Management Team in complying with all Health and Safety & Retail Risk legislation, policies & procedures.
- Supports the Management Team in ensuring that all Health and Safety & Retail Risk training is completed and up to date for yourself team.
- Completes price events and promotional activity in line with company communication
- Drives delivery process and productivity in line with company expectations
- Ensures daily replenishment and size availability checks are completed to company timescales.
- Works with the management team to action daily stockroom walkthroughs and identify product opportunities
- Supports with implementing and maintaining exceptional company layouts, sale launches and visual merchandising guidelines and standards.
- Conduct daily walkthroughs in store, identifying areas that need visual attention in Management absence.
- Analysis of data using company tools to ensure that the Commercial File is up to date and opportunities are identified and action taken. Has a good knowledge of your store profile and performance
- Supports with proactively recruiting the best team, ensuring a thorough induction is completed
- Develop and coach Sales Advisors, providing feedback in a prompt, constructive, and encouraging manner ensuring follow up is carried out where necessary
- Able to have difficult conversations, acting in the best interest of the store and individual
- Competent in acting as a note taker in formal meetings and knowledgeable on people processes
- Supports a culture of recognition in store
- Encourages a Diverse and Inclusive culture where everyone feels included
- Is aware of store performance and controllable costs within the store and actions needed to improve.
- Checks daily deployments to ensure staffing levels are sufficient to achieve store priorities and service KPIs
- Holds self and others accountable for the running of the store in other management absence. Readily takes on challenges or difficult tasks. Adheres to and enforces goals, policies, procedures, and work requirements.
- Works with the Management Team in driving a culture where people are motivated to do their best to help the Store achieve its objectives. Explains the purpose of work, involves others appropriately and gives them recognition for their contributions. Praises the successes of others.
- Consistently achieves results, even under challenging circumstances. Holds self to high standards of performance. Shows consistent effort to complete tasks in a timely manner. Maintains work focus despite obstacles or setbacks.
- Adapts communication content and style to the needs of others. Listens to others input and perspectives, asks questions and summarizes to confirm understanding.
- Plan and prioritise work to meet required store goals and priorities. Has a clear understanding of the main tasks needed to complete work in the right sequence. Identifies the support and resources needed to carry out work; delivers on time and at an acceptable level.
- Makes sense of information to effectively solve problems and identify opportunities. Probes for root causes; uses problem-solving methods to put a proposed plan in place.
And wait, did we mention the perks?
- Discount – Generous 50% staff discount so you can treat yourself!
- Uniform – Uniform allowance
- RI Rewards – More discounts and vouchers with Perks at Work
- Giver Island – Give as you earn scheme, a ‘Giver Island’ day each year and matched funding
- Training on the job – Support with upskilling skills through on the job training and qualifications
- Pension – A private pension scheme
- Holiday – 28 days paid holiday, inclusive of bank holidays
- Wellbeing – Internal Mental Health Allies and support via the Retail Trust
- Bonus – Management bonus scheme